Monday, August 31, 2020

Video- See Through Cards With Acetate and Frosted Binding Cover


I recently saw a gorgeous see through card by Karen Aiken and I was totally inspired to try some acetate cards. I also found some frosted binding cover and created cards with that and shared them all in my new video here. Because these cards are see through, they are difficult to photograph, but are very lovely IRL as you can see better in the video. 


This is the first acetate card I made after being inspired by Karen's card. I started with a piece of thick acetate scored to create an A2 card. I die cut a Gina Marie Designs background floral die and embossed it with a Stampin' up embossing folder. I cut three crosshatch rectangles with a die from Karen Burniston and attached one to the front with a "With Sympathy" sentiment cut with a beautiful new die from Karen Burniston. The other two rectangles were attached in the same position as the front one for a message and to cover up the adhesive. 

I found that working with frosting binding cover which is still see through, but easier to open to see the inside as I show in the video.
I cut a piece of frosted binding cover 11 x 4 1/4" and scored it in half to form an A2 card. I die cut and attached Altenew's Layered Floral Cover Die A with Sticky Specks. I also die cut 3 crosshatch rectangles with a Karen Burniston die and attached one to the front. As on the first card, I brushed on grey ink to the new KB "with sympathy" die and attached. 

Once again it is hard to photo, but the other two crosshatch rectangles were attached to the inside of the card and the back to cover the adhesive. On the video, you can see how beautiful each of these cards are. 

I also show in the video how I made this card. I found that scored acetate does not open and close as easily as I would like so I created this card with two separate pieces of acetate held together with a center piece of cardstock. I die cut 4 large butterflies with a die from Stampendous and brushed on blue ink through a Brutus Monroe stencil on two of them. The beautiful sentiment is a stamp from Dina Kowal. I also attached an acetate butterfly from Art Acetate by Stamp On It to the front of the see through card. 

Each of the four die cut butterflies are attached in the same place and the adhesive is covered up with another butterfly. 

I am loving how each of these see through cards turned out and show these and many others in the new video. 

I am entering the third card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

No comments: