Tuesday, September 1, 2020

More See Through Cards from My Newest Video


I had so much fun creating see through cards with acetate for my newest video that I made and shared many cards. This see through birthday card started with a piece of thick acetate scored in half to create an A2 card. I die cut Taylored Expression's background streamers die out of red mirror card from Tonic Studios and attached it to the front. I also die cut three stitched ovals with a die from Gina Marie Designs and attached them in the same place on the front and inside and back. "Celebrate" was cut with a die from Karen Burniston out of gold mirror card. 



Another fun technique you can do with acetate is to make a floating easel card. I made some of these a few years ago before I started using foil on my cards, but the use of the foil makes them even more beautiful. I applied Therm O Web's Transfer Gel Duo through a Simon Says Stamp stencil and when it was dry (but tacky) I pressed down some Amber Watercolor Deco Foil to create this floating image. The sentiment was created with a die from Sue Wilson and the easel is held up with a Tim Holtz Sizzix Laurel die. Here is a look at the card laying flat and ready to mail: 


These cards are soooo much prettier IRL and in the video because the acetate is hard to photograph. Hope you can watch the video and see what I mean.

I am entering the second card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

No comments: