Monday, September 28, 2020

Video - Die Cut Crazy Series: Weaving Cards Made Easy with Creative Expressions Dies


In my newest video I share many cards with weaving made so easy with the Creative Expressions Intermediate Weaving Die.  I love the stitching on the strips and the die makes weaving super simple to do! 

After playing with the weaving I decided I liked the double strips look the best and this is the card I show how to make in the video. In all of my weaving cards I started by creating some kind of frame and on this card I cut a large butterfly with a Stampendous die. I cut strips with the Intermediate Weaving Die out of gold and black Mirror Card and black and gold dotted paper from Tonic Studios as well as white and wove them as I show in the video. Celebrate You is a die from Karen Burniston and I added gold embossing powder just on the bottom for some extra glitz. 


When I started making cards I did single strip weaving with the weaving die and that is pretty too. I chose one of my favorite color combos - aqua blue and coral and framed my weaving with a frame die from Kat Scrappiness. The scripty "celebrate" is a die from Tonic Studios.


Single weaving can be really pretty with the stitching on the dies, glittery cardstock and adding some tiny strips for interest. I die cut an open heart with a die from Tonic Studios and created the woven background with the Creative Expressions Intermediate Weaving Die. Forever is a die from Stamplorations and as usual I added some of the favorite gems from Gina Marie Designs. Since these cards are part of my ongoing Die Cut Crazy Video Series, I used more dies on the inside of this wedding card:


The heart die is from Elizabeth Crafts and Mr. & Mrs. are dies from Honey Bee Stamps. 

I made many more quilt cards with this great die set, so be sure to watch the video here. I hope my cards and video inspire you to try some weaving on your cards!

No comments: