Monday, September 7, 2020

Video - Bright Cardmaking With Stencils, Neons and Foil


I think we could all use some brightness in these times and my newest video shows how to add neon inks, gels and bright foil with stencils. This card uses many of the new neon inks from Rina K and an awesome stencil set from The Greetery called Pinwheel Party.
As I show in the video, the Pinwheel Party stencil set has 4 large stencils that work together to create the fun pinwheel background on this card. I used Therm O Web Transfer Gel Duo on the last layer and added the new Peach Princess Deco Foil when it was dry. The individual pinwheels were created with smaller stencil from the same set, two shades of blue ink and Iridescent Glitz Glitter Gel. There are dies available from The Greetery for the individual pinwheels but they were not in my budget so I cut mine out with circle punches and dies. The blue streamers were cut out with The Greetery's Twisted Crepe Die and the celebrate is a die from Tonic Studios. 
This is another of my favorites of the many cards I made with stencils and neon inks from Rina K and Therm O Web and it shows how we can use neon inks to make elegant cards too. I CASED a card I loved by Bibi Cameron with a similar butterfly center featuring two butterfly dies from Simon Says Stamp. The background was made with a stencil and Poppin' Pink Neon Ink and I added a little to the sentiment (die from Sue Wilson.) 


Another of the new neon Rina K Therm O Web products I show in the new video is the Neon Glitz and I love the Screamin' Green on black cardstock. I applied it through a stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and also on a scrap piece from which I cut "Soar" with a die from Quietfire Designs. The stars were punched from a piece of white cardstock with the neon green gel too. 

These are just a few of the many stenciled neon cards I share in my newest video, so be sure to check it out here. 

No comments: