Wednesday, September 2, 2020

CASED Cards From Instagram Collab

On Monday I participated in an Instagram collaboration where we each CASED (Copy and Selectively Edit) a fellow cardmaker on Instagram, and I thought I would share the cards I made here for those of you not on Instagram. 

I was paired up with The Joyful Soul Creates, and when I went to look at her Instagram pictures, there were so many great cards, I had a hard time picking one to CASE.  So I did two:) Here is a link to the card that inspired me to make my first card. I didn't have any floral stamps that would work, but I found a Penny Black poinsettia and script background stamp that worked beautifully. I heat embossed the image with Tonic Studio's silver glitter embossing powder so it sparkles IRL. The sentiment stamp is also from Penny Black and finishes on the inside of the card:




I was drawn to another card by Lady Joyful here on her Instagram because I really liked the triangular sketch and that she used Nuvo Shimmer Powders on hers. I love to design with Nuvo's Shimmer Powders so I pulled mine out and CASED her card. I created the curved lines in mine with a new Twisted Crepe die from The Greetery and added a circular Thank You die from Impression Obsession in the center. And I resisted putting anything in the white space because the beautiful card I CASED showed me it isn't needed. Right? 

I hope you will visit Lady Joyful's Instagram linked above and start following her there or on her blog or YouTube (or all of the above:) 

I am entering the first card in the Stamp It challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.