Saturday, November 26, 2022

Rubberstamp Madness Column Sharing Holiday Joy


After writing an article recently for Rubberstamp Madness magazine, I was asked if I wanted to write the Card Shoppe column for the Holidays 2022 issue and I was thrilled to do so. One of the cards in the column was mine (see above)  and the other three were by talented card artists who I contacted and got the details on each card as well as their holiday memories and how they share joy with card making. 


I have always believed that as card makers we feel great joy in the fun of creating our cards and then spread that joy out into the world when we send our cards into the world. "Seek joy, embrace joy and share joy" is my resolution all year round.


I created the card shown in the magazine with fun Christmas cactus stamps by Impression Obsession, musical note dies from Dies...to Die For, sand embossing powder from Stampendous and a A2 shaker pocket from Tonic Studios. 

I love to personalize holiday cards for loved ones and made this one for my sister and brother-in-law who live in Arizona. I also love to use humor and changed the words on a Christmas song to say "Have Yourself a Merry Little...Cactus." 

I was honored to be the author and one of the cardmakers for this column, and you can check it out and all the other holiday cards in the Holidays 2022 issue of Rubberstamp Madness available here and in bookstores.

No comments: