Monday, November 21, 2022

Wax Seals Tips and Ideas for Special Occasions and Holidays Video


Well Spellbinders did it! It is all their fault - OR should I say their brilliant enabling that made me buy all the products I am featuring in my newest video here. I show how to make wax seals with lots of tips and how to make this slimline z-fold pop up card:


I learned how to make this card from Karen Aiken and it is much prettier in the video where you can see the pop up movement. The Mr. & Mrs. die is from Tonic Studios and layered forever die is from Gina K Designs. I added a heart wax seal and one I made with a plain wax stamp and some dried flowers. I also will put a wax seal on the envelope when I give this wedding card to the special couple: 



I saw an idea I loved by LaRetta Madsen where she put a mini envelope with a wax seal on a card for a gift card and just had to try it. I made a pretty patterned envelope with my Mini Envelope Punch Board from WeRMemory Keepers and used the beautiful Sealed Twine die from the Sealed by Spellbinders release to hold the envelope. I added a Christmas tree wax seal with gilding flakes. The envelope can be removed by the gift card recipient. Here are a couple more cards I made with the lovely wax seals I made:





I used some pretty foiled acetate on the first card with a wax stamp that was blank so I could rub on a Christmas 49 and Market rub on and add some gems. The second card was another made with the gorgeous kirigami dies from Anna Griffin on patterned mirror card. Showing in the inside is another beautiful wax seal and a Happy Birthday message on a Gina Marie Designs leaf die. 

I had great fun making cards and other projects with the many wax seals I made and hope you will watch the video here and give some of the ideas and products a try.

No comments: