Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hambo Hoedown and 4 Crafty Chicks Challenges


The challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks is to use black, turquoise, yellow and red (the SU versions of these colors) in our cards. And at Hambo Hoedown they want us to make gatefold cards featuring the digital Steamroller stamps. If you played in their challenge last week, you got Steamroller and his funny funny sentiment for free. I haven't had a chance to play lately, but when I saw this set I just had to have them, so I bought them. Next week's images I will get for free, though. Free stamps are always fun, especially Hambo stamps!

I thought of Tim Holtz's embossing folder when I saw the funny sentiment and used it on the left side of the gatefold card and on the steamroller part. Of course I paper pieced that part and the rest of the equipment and colored the operator with my copics. The sentiment was attached on the top to the left and on the bottom to the right of the center opening of the gatefold card.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh so cute! I've just got to get on the band wagon on this challenge...their images are so cute. LOVE the embossing!
Lynn

Hey Hey Paula said...

That embossing folder is perfect for Steamroller & I like those colors together. Thanks for playing in the Hoedown.

Lori Turner said...

Oh what a neat card!! I love it :) Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week...

Leanne said...

Nice card, very cute....thanks for playing this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Melissa said...

What a great way to use an embossing folder! It's perfect for this card. Thanks for playing with us at the 4 Crafty Chicks!

Sheila said...

Love how you used the embossing folder! Awesome card.

Sheila

http://2pawprints.blogspot.com

Marcie Sharp said...

Great embossing! It really adds to the effect of the card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Hambo Hoedown!!