Saturday, July 2, 2011

Red White & Blue (for Kids) at SAS4Kids!

What a great day it is at Send a Smile 4 Kids! We have a new challenge for you and our blog has been totally updated and is looking fantastic thanks to my good friends and computer gurus, Sara and Michael. I am so proud of how it turned out thanks to them!

The new challenge at SAS4Kids is Red White and Blue (for Kids). Your cards do not have to be patriotic, but can be if you wish. Just use these fun primary colors and make a card for a child. I had so much fun this time with the cool digital stamps from our sponsors that I made three cards! Our wonderful sponsors are: Stamp Fairy and their prize is a $9 gift certificate to their online store; and The Cutting Cafe' and their prize is 3 sets of digital stamps or cutting files! You have until July 15th at noon to enter our challenge and maybe win!

My first card (above) is using a darling digi from Stamp Fairy and a perfect sentiment from The Cutting Cafe'. I paper pieced the bunny and flower and added some punched butterflies and gems to complete the CAS card.


My second card uses a very cool digital stamp from The Cutting Cafe' and sentiment from them too. When you purchase this file, you get several of this same pattern already colored for you! But I wanted red, white and blue so I printed the blank one and paperpieced with those colors. I love how it turned out.

I have to admit, this is my favorite of the three cards:) I used a really neat fold idea from one of our previous entrants in a SAS4Kids challenge. Her blog and card is here. I embossed the very front half fold, then paper pieced a fun happy girl from Stamp Fairy on the inside front flap.

You flip that one up and inside I put a 4th of July sentiment from The Cutting Cafe'. Then you open the card and on the very inside is a circular Happy 4th of July saying I cut out with my Nesties and some fireworks, both also from The Cutting Cafe'. It ends up being a square 4 1/4 inch x 4 1/4 inch card with lots and lots of fun flaps to open and decorate as you want.

Please visit our blog to see the rest of the dt cards and check out the makeover and click on the tabs to find our all about the challenge and our cause of helping sick children in Children's Hospitals smile.

I am entering each of these cards in a challenge at Paper Playtime (digi and red, white and blue); or Scrapbookaholic (red, white & blue); or Woodware USA (patriotic.)

Happy 4th of July weekend to all my USA friends!

Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

All three are just outstanding!! Love the little butterflies on that first card too.
Lynn

Crafterkhush said...

OMG Karen.. I don't believe it.. You actually CASEd my card.. I feel truly humbled.. Thanks so much.. It's a gorgeous card...!!

Regina Easter said...

Karen. Your cards came out TERFFIC. awesome job. Love that you color my world one the best. Hugs

Stef H said...

well u certainly were busy with the red, white & blue, and i love them all! i love the butterflies on your bunny card, and the digital one is ... well, it's digital alright and different. i like it lots! haven't done one of those "weird" fold cards in ages, but that's one of my favs.

hope your enjoying the holiday!

hugs :)

BrossArtAddiction said...

Adorable cards all of them! Love the little butterflies on the first one!

Thanks for playing along with us at "Paper Playtime" and good luck!

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx PP/DT

Janis Lewis said...

Hi! You won a prize at Paper Playtime. Please email me at northrose@slowar.com with your email address so I can forward it to our sponsor. They will contact you with how to claim your prize. Congrats! :) Janis