Monday, July 11, 2011

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week


The Stamp of the Week this week at Repeat Impressions is this relaxing Hammock scene. Doesn't it make you just want to go lie in the hammock under those trees and just enjoy the summer peace? This stamp is 50% off this week with a special discount code found at RI's blog, The House that Stamps Built. Please visit the blog for this great deal and to see the cards the rest of the Rock Stars have created for your inspiration using this fun stamp.

I stamped the Hammock scene on white cardstock and cut out and embossed with my circle nestie. While still in the die, I sponged with a light brown distressing ink. I used green Flower Soft to give the trees life like dimension. I cut two strips of light green paper and embossed them with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I also cut two strips of orange dp and wove them a little at their intersections and finished with some brown larger pearls.

I am entering this card in the challenge at Crafty Purple Frog for "Summer Fun."

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL! What a peaceful scene. So pretty.
Lynn

joy said...

Love the flower soft and the woven paper strips. Great card!