Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Birthday Floral Woven Basket Card

 
In my new video that went live this week featuring Karen Burniston's new release of dies, I showed how easy it was to make this woven basket box card, but I didn't fill it in the video. The previous woven basket card I made into an Easter basket and here is a link to that card in case you missed it. I decided since I had the basket part already made, to go ahead and fill it with flowers for a Happy Birthday card for a dear friend.


In addition to the flowers in the Woven Basket Box Card die set, I used flowers from the Flower Pot Pop Up and a favorite Happy Birthday die all from Karen Burniston. Here is a look at the flowers close up:


I used polka-dotted and colored cardstock for the flowers and added a gem from Gina Marie Designs to each one. The taller elements were raised on strips of strong acetate. This card is so bright and cheerful it almost makes me forget how cold and snowy Wisconsin is right now. 

No comments: