Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Easy to Make Faker Shaker and See Through Shaker Cards From my Newest Video


I like to make regular shaker cards but was intrigued by an idea I can across recently to make super simple faker shaker cards with sealable see through envelopes we can use to protect our A2 cards. I show in my newest video how I added sand and seashell sequins into a see through bag after I first inserted a background created with pink iridescent mirror card embossed with Stampin' Up's Seashell 3D Embossing Folder. I added a sea horse and some shells die cut with a die from IO and a stamped sentiment from Joy's Stamps. The iridescent mirror card and acetate are hard to photogragh, so I suggest you watch the new video here to see all the unique shaker cards much better. 



Here are a couple views of a mermaid faker shaker I made with dies from Impression Obsession and a new layered water stencil. And here is a slimline kid's card with a mini faker shaker in one of the windows:

I created the slimline with Whimsy Stamps Slimline Marquee and Card Builder Dies and added some super cute frogs with googly eyes cut with dies from Crealies and Simon Says Stamp. The wish sentiment is from Memory Box and is continued on the inside of the slimline card: 


I share one more new way to make a shaker card in my new video that I learned how to do from a Jennifer McGuire video. The center circle window is a see through shaker and the circle cut out of the stenciled floral front is on the inside of the card. I used Altenew's Layered Beauty Within Simple Coloring Stencil for the flowers and added some leaves with a stencil from A Colorful Life Designs. The sentiment strip is from Simon Says Stamp. Here is a look at this card "all shook up":


I had great fun creating shaker cards in new and unique ways for my newest video and hope you will watch it here and try some of the ideas and products I shared.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

You are always coming up with something new. These are some really fun and fantastic cards you have made.