Thursday, March 25, 2021

More Favorite Cards from My Classes at Crop and Create Delivered - Cardmaking

It is hard to believe that the weekend gathering I just attended virtually was the first ever presented by Scrapbook and Cards Today for card makers. It was so perfectly organized and well run I highly recommend the next one the first weekend of October to everyone who might be interested. Here are the rest of the cards I made in and out of the classes: 



We received a cute set of stamps and dies and an interactive die from Lawn Fawn that we used to make these cards. I paper pieced my critters and other stamps as I am just not one who likes to color. My grandson is going to love these cards! 



I learned so much from the classes taught by Close to My Heart and Becky Moore and we also received a book full of pictures and instructions we can refer back to. Each class and extra make and take or demo is also available to be watched again in the Facebook group and so if we were unable to finish or take a class when scheduled or we want to review part of it again and again, the videos are saved for us. This is another advantage of the virtual classes over taking the class in person at a specific time.






Here are the last of the cards I am sharing, but believe me you will see more cards here in the future using the ideas and products I received from these classes! Cathy Zielske taught a fun CAS card class with stamps, paper and a die from Your Next Stamp. I added some confetti embossing with an embossing folder from Taylored Expressions and some fun sentiment strips from Simon Says Stamp. I chose to paper piece my presents on two of the cards but learned how to blend inks in an emboss technique on the third card. The last card was created with ideas from a couple demos by Therm O Web and Virginia Nebel. 

I had so much fun taking these classes and making these cards and hope you enjoyed seeing the cards too. Another highlight of this virtual crafty gathering was the Keynote Address by the one and only Jennifer McGuire where she challenged us to send out some of the cards we made to spread the joy and two of my cards are in the mail right now to do just that. Jennifer's inspiring address is available here on YouTube for all to watch and I highly recommend it especially if sometimes you wonder why we all love this hobby so much or need some inspiration.

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

All the cards you made are so fun and well designed. Looks like you had lots of fun!

Celeste Goff said...

What great cards Karen, and I'm sure they come with lots of fun memories from your classes and crops!