Wednesday, March 24, 2021

My Favorite Cards From the SCT Crop and Create Delivered - Cardmaking Weekend of Classes

I just had the most wonderful weekend taking virtual classes from Scrapbook and Cards Today in their Crop and Create Delivered for Cardmakers. I learned so much and created many gorgeous cards as you will see. There was 6 full classes taught by nationally known card makers as well as extra make and takes and demos with more free goodies to play with. Some of the pictures of the cards I am showing  also show the stamps, dies, stencils and paper we received. The box we received was huge and full of amazing products. There is another weekend of classes and fun coming up the first weekend of October and I highly recommend you join us next time. 





One of my favorite classes was taught by Libby Hickson from Hero Arts and we received the beautiful layered hummingbird stamp and matching die set as well as the frame die and a reactive ink pad we played with in her class. I followed her instructions but then added my own touches and dies. "Thinking of you" and "Wishing You Well" are dies from Sue Wilson and the "hello" die was included in Gina K's class and I loved it so much I used it on many of my cards. The stitched rectangle dies are from Cutplorations and Gina Marie Designs and think they add so much more interest to the cards. I added some extra flowers from the PhotoPlay class to my direct to paper inked card with water splotches on the Hero Arts reactive ink.



I loved the layering stencils we received from Pinkfresh Studios in a Lunch and Learn session so much I skipped lunch to learn from Lea Lawsom and then play with the stencils. We also received the layered Hugs die from Pinkfresh Studios, and I used my dies from Gina Marie Designs, Kat Scrappiness and Papertrey Ink on these cards.


We also received a fun rainbow die and stamp set from SCT Delivered and I made this card with tips I learned from a make and take taught by Cathy Zielske. I created the background of my card with a stitched hearts cover die from Honey Bee Stamps.




Can you tell I loved the layered "hello" die from Gina K Designs sooo so much? And I also loved the layered floral stencils and matching stamps and dies in this set called "A Little Hello" which will be released soon at her website. In Gina's class she mentioned that the layered flowers would be surprisingly beautiful in shades of grey and black and I agree after giving it a try. I used some stitched rectangle dies from Gina Marie Designs and Cuplorations and sentiment strips from Simon Says Stamp on my cards.

I am so happy with the cards I made and how much I learned and all the goodies I received! 1200 card makers were able to take these classes and receive all these awesome stamps, dies, stencils and paper pads and if there is one blessing from this last year, it is that gatherings like this one organized by SCT in Canada can be attended virtually by crafters from all over the world. 

I will share the rest of my cards tomorrow, so be sure to stop my blog then too. 

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! A great array of beautiful cards. All are amazing!

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful cards Karen!