Monday, March 29, 2021

Video - Cardmaking For Boys With Dinosaurs, Dies and Dry Wall Tape


My grandson is crazy about dinosaurs and this Grandma loves to make cards for him and my teenage grandson too! In my newest video here, I share many cards I made for boys and girls who love dinosaurs with favorite dies and a secret non-cardmaking item that is perfect for adding a little colored checked pattern to our cards. Not long ago I was cleaning out my craft room and came across an unopened package of wall repair tape (or dry wall tape.) I knew I had it for some technique or idea I wanted to try but don't remember what it was so I almost threw it away. But I decided to play with it first, and show in the new video many easy ways to add texture and checks without adding layers. Here is the card I made a version of in the video:


Kids love puzzles so I couldn't resist the Puzzle Fancy Die from Hero Arts and I created this puzzle card with a Tim Holtz Prehistoric Dinosaur on an Action Wobble, "Missing You" die from Cutplorations and a fun checked pattern made from dry wall repair tape. I show how I created this card and the puzzle inside the card that can be put together to reveal a secret message:


After taking this picture, I took the puzzle apart and put in a little bag to mail with the card so my grandson can put the puzzle together to reveal my secret message.

It is very easy to create a fun dinosaur card with a great checked background as I show in this card which was the first card I made with Tim Holtz's Prehistoric Die Set and the dry wall repair tape:


I brushed several shades of ink through the dry wall repair tape on the background and also on the "awesome" sentiment strip. The dry wall tape is sticky on one side so holds in place easily for stenciling and I also attached it to a piece of kraft cardstock before die cutting the star on this card.  

I had great fun creating these dinosaur cards and others I show in the new video here and hope they inspire you to try some of the products and ideas shared and to look around your house for non-crafty items that can be used in our cardmaking. 


No comments: