Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Mixed Media Nuvo Shimmer Powder Masculine Card


I had so much fun creating cards with all the backgrounds I made with Nuvo's Shimmer Powder for the YouTube video I posted this Monday, and today's card is one of my favorite of those using the technique tips I share. I watched Paula Pascual mix the Shimmer Powders with Nuvo Glimmer Paste over a stencil recently on Hochanda and I had to try it. I used Solar Flare, Storm Cloud and Catherine Wheel Shimmer Powders mixed with Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste over an Arrows stencil from Faber Castel. When it was dry, I used distress inks and another stencil from Stencil Girl Stencils to add more mixed media images and also stamped with a Free Range Rubber words stamp using my Tim Holtz Travel Size Stamp Platform. I layered the finished piece on a black cardbase and added an elephant die cut with a Penny Black die. 

I love this masculine looking mixed media card and am entering it in the Animal Magic challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, and the Anything Goes May challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine. 

6 comments:

Lin said...

What a great design, Karen! The graphic background works really well with your elephant! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Karen - love the wonderful background you have created
Blessings
Maxine

maria f. said...

Very cool. Love all those touches of color with the black silhouette.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful mixed media card. I am glad I found time to stop by. Been busy these past days.

Linda said...

WOW! What a fab background ... love it! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Majo said...

This is awesome! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge.

Majo - DT ♥