Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Paper Pleated Cards


I found a new background idea in the Issue 4 of Love Cardmaking called paper pleating and tried it on these cards. I love how they turned out! I played around with the measurements which in the article were in centimeters. I found I liked the look the best scoring at the 3/4 inch lines and the one inch line. So to make it easy, score at every inch line on a piece of thin designer paper 8 1/2 x 11. This is bigger than you need, but after folding the pleats you lose much of the width. Then score at every 3/4 inch line- so 3/4", 1 3/4", 2 3/4" etc. I started with a very pretty designer paper from Recollections. After scoring and folding, I die cut the front out with a wonky stitched rectangle die from Kat Scrappiness. I held the pleats down with regular tape on the back and a little glue on the front under the pleats. I also pleated some yellow floral dp and die cut a stitched heart (also from Kat Scrappiness) with the pleats going horizontal. I attached that pleated heart with pop dots to raise and added a "love" die from Tonic Studios.



My second card was made the same way but I used a Stamplorations stitched rectangle die to cut out the pleated brown dp and added a pleated butterfly cut with a Stampendous die and "Heartfelt Sympathy" from Tonic Studios. This was an easy and lovely looking technique and I hope you give it a try.

I am entering the first card in the challenge at Scrapy Land.

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great technique - thanks so much for sharing it! Now to translate it back to metric measurements :-)
Blessings
Maxine

sarascloset said...

This is such a cool technique with fabulous results! Pretty cards! Hugs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a really great look.thanks for sharing.

Bernardine Cuttino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernardine Cuttino said...

Your card is scrumptious! Pretty colors, layers, textures and fun embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni DT
scrapyland.

Karen Hasheck said...

to get comments sent to my email mailbox