Thursday, May 31, 2018

One Love, One World Dark Ink Emboss Resist Cards


I have been playing with some new stamp sets as well as techniques that are on my list to try someday. I was inspired by some cards made with a technique called Black Resist Emboss over patterned paper here on this blog and made these cards using that technique and a new stamp set from Lil' Inker called One Love Stamps. I stamped the heart world from that stamp set on a striped designer paper with Versamark, dumped on clear embossing powder and melted that with my heat gun. Then I simply applied navy blue ink directly to the paper and wiped off the world heart. I stamped "Choose Love" and some hearts from the inspirational Lil' Inker set, and attached the completed card front onto a white card base.



The technique I found on line used black ink, so I tried it on a Christmas card with the same world heart embossed with clear embossing powder and some blue holiday wishes paper. I added the perfect Christmas sentiment die cut in  gold paper with a die from Penny Black. This technique is easy to do and creates a lovely resist look with any stamps and designer paper you choose to use. 

I am entering the second card in the challenge at Scrapy Land. and the first in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday. 

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What stunning cards using what is basically a variation on an old and simple technique - love them Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Dana M said...

Fantastic cards Karen! Cool technique, adding it to my list to try.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool cards my friend.

Karen Hasheck said...

Adding my comment and following so I get the comments in my email.

Tracy Freeman said...

Both are very lovely cards, a fab technique.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day :)