Thursday, May 3, 2018

There's a New Pigment Powder in the House and I am in Love!


Nuvo (a division of Tonic Studios) has come out with a new pigment powder with the gorgeous glimmer of mica and I had so much fun playing with it, I have too many cards to share in just one week. So I am previewing a few of the cards this week in anticipation of the new YouTube video I am releasing on Monday. If you don't want to wait until Monday to find out about the new Nuvo Shimmer Powders, here is a link to where they can be found.

I created the background on the card above with Atlantic Burst, Green Parade and Solar Flare Shimmer Powders, and then simply attached Penny Black's sentiment die and a lighthouse die from Scrapbooking Made Simple. 



For this card, I took a background piece made with Nuvo shimmer powders and cling wrap (that technique is shown in the video Monday), then embossed it with a seashell embossing folder I received with a new stamping magazine I found called Love Cardmaking Issue 4. I emphasized the embossing with Nuvo Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse for a gorgeous shimmery background. The sea horse and seashells were stamped and die cut out of other pieces of Shimmer Powder papers with stamps and dies from that same issue of Love Cardmaking. 

Are you intrigued? I hope so. Come back Monday and all next week for many more cards I made with this new product and a link to the video so you can see how easy it is to make gorgeous cards with this great new product from Nuvo and Tonic Studios!

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land.

2 comments:

Samra said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thank you for joining Scrapy Land challenge.
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are so very gorgeous! That is a cool new powder. Love the shimmer.