Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Three More Cards Highlighting Techniques with Nuvo Shimmer Powders


I had so much fun playing with the new Nuvo Shimmer Powders and different techniques with them for a new video I posted this week here. My first card today uses the same technique with stencils and Nuvo Glimmer Paste as one I described yesterday on my blog. This one was made with a Tim Holtz sunray stencil and yellow shimmer powder with a touch of red for interest. I sponged in between the sun rays with Salty Ocean Distress Ink and added a Memory Box Flying Goose and "Soar" from Quietfire Design.


I created this card with another technique tip I share in the video using white tissue paper with the shimmer powders, wrinkling it all up when it is dry and attaching it to a piece of cardstock with two sided tape. Then I touch the wrinkles with an embossing ink and add Nuvo sparkly gold embossing powder and heat set it. The result is a very textured shimmery colored background with sparkles of gold. I added a couple Entwined Circles from Elizabeth Crafts and a Love from Dee's Distinctively.


My last technique tips card today shows the Bokeh technique in the background and also some feathers and a sentiment cut from darker cardstock with shimmer powder color and some gold embossing powder which was added while the shimmer powder was still wet with misted water. The Thanks diecut is from Taylored Expressions and the feathers are by She Love.

I have a few more cards still from my Nuvo Shimmer Powder video and playtime and I will post them tomorrow. Thanks for visiting, watching, sharing and subscribing, and for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

More wonderful card designs. I bet that Nuvo really looks awesome in person.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Karen, I especially like the tissue paper one :-)
Blessings
Maxine