Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Celebrating The Versatility of Layered Sentiment Dies from my Newest Video


Layered sentiment dies can be used in many different ways as is shown by the first two cards I am sharing today from my newest video. I started both of these cards with Altenew's Layered Dahlia Stencils and shades of peach ink and cardstock. The layered Celebrate die is one of many Layered Sentiment Strip Dies from Tonic Studios and I cut the peach letters out of the stenciled card front and layered on a black background. I also cut out "BIG" with dies from Kat Scrappiness, attached to black foam and put back for the "eclipse" look. Here are two more ways the Tonic Sentiment Strip dies can be used:


The "celebrate" die was cut out of stenciled background leaving the negative inlaid word and the "you" was simply die cut out of black and glued to the background. 


I made this layered Hugs card again with the Altenew Layered Dahlia stencils in shades of orange and green, then cut apart and layered on brown squares of cardstock. "Sending Hugs" is a layered sentiment die from Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions and is layered on vellum. I added a few punched butterflies and some gems from Gina Marie Designs. 

I had so much fun making these easy but beautiful cards with layered sentiment dies and stencils for my newest video and will be back tomorrow with a couple more to share with you. 

I am entering the second card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land (Tonic Studios dies.)

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous cards Karen!

Julie Odil said...

These cards are beautiful, Karen! You really knocked it out of the park with those stencils! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge. Julie, DT member