Monday, May 20, 2019

Video - Layered Sentiment Dies and Stencils For Easy Beautiful Cards


I am loving the look and versatility of layered sentiment dies and in my newest video here, I show how easy it is to combine them with layered stencils for easy beautiful cards. 

I made a bunch of cards with layered stencils and sentiment dies and shared how I made these two cards in the video here. I made many of the cards with the gorgeous Layered Dahlia Stencil set from Altenew. I would never have thought of using shades of grey to make these layered flowers, but saw a card with those colors on Pinterest and loved the look. The layered sympathy sentiment die is from Gina Marie Designs and I cut the first layer out of the stenciled background, added the die cut words and raised on fun foam before putting back in the opening. The clear gems are from Kat Scrappiness.

This is the second card I show how to make in the video and once again I used the Layered Dahlia Stencil this time with shades of blue and green on Tonic Studios embossed cardstock. The "love you" is a layered sentiment die from Honey Bee Stamps which has three layers. I cut the second layer from the stenciled background and the other two out of navy cardstock. 

On the inside of this card I used another layered sentiment die (from Tonic Studios) and a punched butterfly out of the stenciled background. 

I had so much fun designing with layered stencils and sentiment dies and hope you take a few minutes to watch the video and try them yourself.

No comments: