Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Cardmaking with Vellum and Stencils From My Newest Video


In my newest video I share many slimline and mini-slimline cards I made with vellum and all of today's cards also incorporate favorite stencils as well. I brushed on pink ink through a slimline stencil from Artplorations (a division of Stamplorations) called Floral Joy and turquoise ink through another new slimline stencil from Artplorations called Overlapping Leaves onto white cardstock below for the soft stenciled background on this mini-slimline card. I receive 3 new slimline stencils every other month from Stamplorations as part of their slimline subscription plan. The cost is only $18 (including shipping!) and you can choose monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly - such a great bargain! The see through sticker is also from Stamplorations and the Simple Stem die is from Simon Says Stamp.


I created both of these pet sympathy cards with two stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called Rainbow Pets and Layered Rainbow Bridge Set as well as a beautiful set of Rainbow Bridge sentiment stamps from Waffle Flower. The soft look was achieved by stenciling and stamping on vellum and also on the white cardstock below. 


I used a new layered stencil from Trinity Stamps to create the soft vellum background on this slimline card. The stitched frame was created with Kat Scrappiness dies and "You Shine" is a new layered sentiment die from Simon Says Stamp. 

As you can see I had great fun playing with vellum and making cards for my newest video here. I hope some of my cards inspire you to give some these ideas and products a try!

I am entering the first card in the Make Your Own Background challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful use of vellum and I love the stenciling done too!