Friday, November 5, 2021

Penny Black Frame Dies and Stamps and A New Fun Fold



I love to discover new fun folds and also creative ways to stretch supplies to use them in different ways. When I saw the Snowflake Frames Die Set from Penny Black in a favorite local stamp shop, I immediately thought the snowflakes also looked like pine needles and so this die could be used for more than just winter cards. I just learned a new tri-fold fun fold at another favorite local stamp shop so I am combining those two ideas on the cards I am sharing today. I am also featuring Penny Black's beautiful Thinking Of You stamp set on each of the cards. The cards open this way:


and then this way:


Isn't that unique? Most of the snowflakes in the Penny Black Snowflake Frame die set are debossing dies so the pattern is cut but is flat and I just love that look! I used some favorite debossing dies from Kat Scrappiness to add wonky wavy details to the rectangles on this card and I stamped a sentiment which is part of the Hero Arts Thinking of You set. 

Here is my "pine needle" version of this unique fun fold:


I know it is artistic license to call these pine needles but with the sponged green and the addition of the Pine Boughs from Impression Obsession as well as another gorgeous Penny Black sentiment, I really like the look. Here are the second and third folds of this card:



I just love all the sentiments in this Penny Black stamp set! The dies and fun fold make these cards some of my favorites that I have made this fall. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

More beautiful card designs Karen!