Monday, November 22, 2021

Video - Cardmaking with Vellum Techniques, Stencils and Dies


Vellum is a cardmaking product that is often overlooked when making cards with more popular items like stencils and dies. In my newest video here I share many unique slimline and mini-slimline cards made with the soft look of vellum and also share several vellum techniques. One of my favorite vellum techniques is the spotlight technique and I show how to do it in the video on this beautiful wedding card:

The bride stamp is an older favorite from The Ton. Another technique I share in the video is how I "stretched" and raised the hummingbird on this card:


As I show in the video, this technique is most effective with black ink on vellum, but I did try adding some coloring on this slimline version of the card. The floral slimline frame on this card is from Trinity Stamps and  the sentiment die is from Karen Burniston. The hummingbird was stamped with a layered stamp set from Hero Arts. 



Here is another favorite card I shared in the video featuring the softness of see through vellum on a tri-fold mini-slimline card. The gorgeous layered roses were created with a die set from Altenew and the see through sentiment stickers are from Stamplorations.

I had so much fun playing with vellum for this new video, I made a bunch more cards and you can see them all by watching the video here. I hope my cards inspire you to give some of the ideas and products a try!

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

These are all gorgeous Karen but the bridal one is my favorite!