Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Crafter's Companion Coffee Hug In a Mug Card for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


This week is the 2021 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Hop and I thought it would be perfect to make a card with this beautiful new Crafter's Companion die cut stack of coffee or tea cups. I saved the triple diamond sketch idea from Sam of Mixed Up Crafts in my Pinterest board for a special card and decided it was perfect for my coffee lover's card. 

My idea was to cut the three cups and saucer out of a pretty patterned paper, but I didn't have the perfect one in my stash. So I decided to make my own with Vintage Artistry Rub-on Transfers from 49 and Market. I added the perfect sentiment strip to the rub-on decorated diamonds on the bottom from Simon Says Stamp. Here is a look at the card from another angle:


The three cups and saucer are actually part of a larger card front die with flowers and spirals from Crafter's Companion, but I chose to cut the three cups out of that background diecut. I also added some pretty rub-on butterflies to the sides of the front and the inside of the card: 

Here are the measurements of my card if you would like to make a card like this one:

The dark green card base was cut 5 1/4" wide and 12" inches long and scored at 6" for a top folding card. Then I trimmed off 1 1/2" from the front of the card. 

The diamonds were cut 1 1/4" square and layered on 1 3/8" green squares. 

The inside piece is 4 3/4" x 4". 

I am entering this card in the 2021 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.

2 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Love the stack of cups! Pretty card!

Celeste Goff said...

Love this card Karen! You always use the best die cuts!!