Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Home of the Free Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes Card


 Last week was oh so exciting for two very special reasons: I went to JunkieFest and took many exciting classes and had so much fun! In the Taylored Expressions class we made 4 interactive cards (my favorite kind of card) and were gifted the brand new Taylored Expressions color coordinated Blender Brushes!! Here is my buddy Gail holding her set in the pretty packaging:



Another very exciting thing that happened to me last week was that my twin brother who is a Viet Nam Era Veteran asked me to be his guardian/companion on his Honor Flight! How cool is that? We are just applying now, but when I saw the new "Home of the Brave" stamp set from Taylored Expressions in their booth at JunkieFest, I just had to buy it because I plan on making cards for all the vets on our Honor Flight. Here the first card I made with that stamp set and the new Taylored Expressions red and blue Blender Brushes: 


I blended blue and red ink through a Echo Park stars stencil to create a soft background and also used them to sponge the inside of the card: 


I love how I can easily make the stars brighter around the edges and fade out into the middle where I will write a personal note. Of course this set is perfect for 4th of July too and that is tomorrow, so Happy 4th of July to all my American friends!

I am entering this card in the Stars and/or Stripes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card Karen! Love the brushed technique...will have to invest in some of those amazing brushes. Have a happy and safe 4th!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a gorgeous patriotic card with the flag design. And, what a great gift you received with the blender brushes.