Friday, July 12, 2019

Rediscovering My Love for Kitchen Sink Stamps Multi-Step Layered Stamps


I have been a fan of Kitchen Sink Stamps Multi-step Layered Stamps for years and recently a class I took with Maria Colosimo, the owner of Kitchen Sink Stamps reminded me how much I love these stamps. And then Jennifer McGuire released a video showing a brilliant new and easy way to line up the layers, and now I am going to be making even more cards with them! I made the card above using a MISTI to line up the stamps and am very happy with the results. But I showed a friend how to do it Jennifer's way and even though my friend is a rookie, her lighthouse was lined up better than mine when she made this card. I used the new Sea Cliff Lighthouse Multi-Step layering stamps on this card along with the new Isle of Big Bay Lake water layering stamps. The sentiment strips on both cards are from Taylored Expressions. 


See how realistic that mallard duck is? I can't color worth a darn but I  can stamp the different layers to make realistic ducks and cat tails with the new stamp sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps. If you would like any of these awesome stamp sets or the ones Jennifer showed in her video, click on this link and check them out. I know there has been a run on all the KSS stamps since Jennifer's video, but any out of stock currently will be re-stocked soon. so add them to your wish list or order them to reserve your very own. If you would like to know what color recipes Maria recommends you can ask for them via email and if you have a cutting machine, you can also get free cutting files and make a stamping jig that makes these stamps even easier to line up. 

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

These cards are beautiful Karen. Just an FYI, your link to Kitchen Stamps is broken. It's coming up as an error.

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are gorgeous. Beautiful work.