Monday, July 15, 2019

Video - Tarnished Foil Technique Updated with New Foils and More Colors


 One of my favorite all time techniques is the Tarnished Foil (or Heat and Dry Foil Embossing) Technique and I decided to revisit it with new foils from Tonic Studios, new embossing folders and powders and more colors of StazOn for my new video here. I had so much fun playing I share 8 new cards in the video. This is the card I make in the video:


It is much prettier and more sparkly IRL as I show in the video. I used Tonic gold foil, a Sizzix embossing folder, and red and blue StazOn. I added Nuvo red, blue and sparkly gold embossing powders and red glitter stars cut with a Crealies die set. On the inside of the card I added a couple more Crealies stars and Celebrate from Tonic Studios:





I love how this card turned out with a swinging half door created with gold foil, a 3D wood grain embossing folder and the Tarnished Foil Technique. The large fern die is from Penny Black and continues on the inside of the card. The thank you circle was created with an Impression Obsession die. 

I hope you will watch the video here and be inspired to try some tarnished foil pieces yourself! 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design. Love the foiled look.