Monday, July 29, 2019

Video - Fun Folds, Sarcastic Chicks and Little or No Coloring


I love fun folds and using humor in my cards, but I have to admit I do not like to color or shade. I avoid coloring my stamped images, but in my newest video here I share three different ways to add color to our stamped images and three different fun folds with Taylored Expression's Sarcasti-Chick stamps. Here is the fun fold Sarcasti-Chick card I show how to make in the video:

I "colored" my Mama chick using inks and smaller make-up brushes and attached her to a pull Sunny Studio Sliding Window door. On the door you see Mom, Mom, Mom over and over and when the pull tab is pulled:

That sentiment from Taylored Expression's Sarcasti-Chicklets set is just hysterical! Click on the picture to make it bigger or watch the video on how I made this card with these awesome stamps and the Sunny Studio Sliding Window die.


I also share this birthday tri-fold card in the new video and my favorite way of "coloring" my stamped images - paper piecing. Mama Chick is a fun polka-dotted yellow and her apron is blue checked and I could never do that with markers or other coloring mediums. 



The Taylored Expressions chicklets and balloons (cut with Karen Burniston dies)were all paper pieced with scraps of designer papers. Happy Birthday on the top was made with an older Martha Stewart punch. To see how easy it is to "color" with paper piecing and other ways, watch the new video here. 

Thanks for your visit here and for your support of my YouTube channel and videos too! 

No comments: