Tuesday, July 16, 2019

More Tarnished Foil Beauties from My Newest Video


Now that I have many more color options for the foil as well as for the StazOn and embossing powders, I have found I love the look of Tarnished Foil even more. I share all those options and many cards in my newest video here. I created the background on this masculine card with gold foil from Tonic Studios, a SU trees embossing folder and greens and browns in the StazOn and embossing powders. The deer die is from Tim Holtz and the frames were created with dies from Lil' Inker Designs.

I embossed both the gold foil and the green cardbase on this card with a Sue Wilson embossing folder and the sentiment die is also from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. I streaked the gold foil with orange, green and brown StazOns and the embossing powders were gold and green as well. I added some sticker gems to highlight the embossing. 


It is difficult to photograph the tarnished foil pieces to show the sparkle and beauty of the colors and textures. This card was created with an embossing folder I got once with a stamping magazine and I used blues and black in the StazOn and embossing powders. The frame and sentiment dies are from Karen Burniston and the shells were created with an Impression Obsession die set. 

I am hoping these cards inspire you to watch the video here and try some tarnished foil with the colors and foils you own. Remember if you do not have colored foil paper, you can use heavyweight aluminum foil as I show in this older video here.

4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

The deer one is my favorite. So well done and that is such a majestic deer design.

jean said...

hi karen I clicked on ur video in my email and it doesnt work and neither does the one from your blog here...reallywanted to watch it!!

Karen Hasheck said...

Sorry Jean- and thanks for letting me know! I post these in advance and I used a link to a page only I can see. But it is fixed now and will be correct on the email you receive with the third batch of cards from the video. Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know!

jean said...

your more than welcome...I watched the one with the fireworks card, did you do another one with the deer, as its my favorite one??? thank you...never tried this tecknique, need to get me some metal sheets...