Thursday, September 9, 2021

Fall Cards with New Dies...To Die For Dies

The September release at Dies...To Die For at Shopscrapbook101 is full of amazing dies and in this blogpost I am sharing cards made with some of my favorites. This is a slimline card created with the new Slimline Tree With Critter Homes die. The three critter holes open up to reveal these friends: 


The squirrels, acorns and "nuts about you" sentiment are part of the new Squirrel die set.


In the new September release there is a die set called Succulents and Terrarium and I made this z-fold card to show that hanging from the bridge piece. Here are some other looks that show different angles of this fun fold: 



The gorgeous background die is Echo Noble's Succulent Background. The scripty words are part of a new die set from called Lu's Fall Words. I die cut the terrarium out of copper foil cardstock and vellum and added plants from the same die set. I die cut the succulents background out of four different cardstock colors and inlaid three different colors of succulent leaves. Since I had the leftovers, I also created this card: 


I recently took a online class with Jennifer McGuire and she shared a tip on how to combine two dies to decorate plainer shaped dies like the orange round pumpkins here. I attached bright orange pieces of the succulents background die on top of the darker orange cardstock and then cut out the pumpkins. Makes them so much more interesting, doesn't it? 

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card designs for Fall with the dies!

jean said...

wow I thought you were sharing diamond press new die and stamp set as they are almost identical to your suirrel card!!! amazing