Tuesday, September 21, 2021

More Cards with Tangrams and Foil Cardstock From My Newest Video


I think this is one of my favorite cards of the many I made with tangrams and foil cardstock for my newest video here. I had never heard of tangrams but discovered the concept watching a video by Deepti of the Crealies design team where she created a swan using the 7 pieces of Crealies Chinese Puzzle Die Set. All the cards I show in the new video also feature foil cardstock and I chose copper for the background and a rainbow foil for the tangram butterfly, all embossed together with an Altenew 3D embossing folder


In a recent video I showed how to make 4 page bookbinding cards after learning how to from Sam of Mixed Up Crafts. Here is a link to that video if you want to learn how to put a book card together. I adjusted the sizes on this one to be a bit taller and wider because the tangrams were a little bigger than the pages on the one in the video would allow for. I also cut the side fold down to 1 inch to give me more room on the pages. This is a book card for a special young man and my first page has a rocket embossed with a Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder and the start of a question - WHERE? 


WILL YOU GO?  The sailboat was debossed with an Altenew die for great texture on the foil cardstock. And look what is in the pocket on the left page - all the letters of the alphabet can be created with the pieces of the Chinese puzzle into tangrams, and I put all the letters of the name of the special child in that pocket! 


What will he ride on his next adventure? A helicopter or a plane? Or something he creates with the tangram pieces I put on the back of the card? 


He can have fun and build something new or copy the letters or rockets and other shapes I put on the card with these colorful tangram pieces. I think he is going to love it! 

I am entering the second card into the Lots of Layers challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.