Saturday, September 4, 2021

Suicide Awareness Video Hop In Loving Memory Bay Window Card


I am honored to be participating in Craft Collab’s Suicide Awareness Video Hop where each of the creators will be sharing purple and teal cards and trying to #stopthestigma around mental illness and suicide. Many of us have been touched personally by suicide and mental illness so as we share our cards, we may also be sharing our stories. In my video, I share my family’s loss and show how to make this beautiful bay window card:


I am also honored to be part of the Dies...To Die For design team and all the dies used by the participants in the video hop and on my card are from the new September release at Dies..To Die For. I learned how to make this 5 x 7 version of the bay window card from Sam at Mixed Up Crafts. Here is a side view and a template I promised I would share here in my video: 



Of course you are going to want to watch the video here to see how to make this card and find out how you can be one of 4 winners of $25 gift cards to Dies...to Die For and/or my prize package of dies and the card I made valued at $34! Here is a look at the back of the card where I inlaid the beautiful Random Oval die from Dies...to Die For to create a lovely space to write a personal message:


Here are a couple websites you can learn more about Suicide Awareness and Mental Illness: 

 I Understand Love Heals 

https://www.iunderstandloveheals.org/...

 What We Believe from this website: 

1.     i understand suicide is an effect of illness or pain

2.     i understand mental/brain health illnesses are treatable and preventable

3.     i understand stigma is the #1 reason why someone would not seek treatment for mental/brain illness; education and awareness are vital to saving and changing lives

4.     i understand reaching out to those who are suffering could save a life; let someone know you are available and treat them with respect and compassion

 NAMI National Alliance on Mental Illness

https://www.nami.org/.../Suicide-Prevention-Awareness-Month

And if you or a loved one need immediate help, call The National Suicide Prevention Help Line at 800-273-TALK (8255) or 911.

 I hope our video hop and cards help just a bit to #stopthestigma and you will watch the video and then hop along for more beautiful cards and stories shared. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card designs for a great cause.